The HVCA committee is delighted to inform members of the awards from this year’s small grant fund.
The fund for 2017 was £3000 with a maximum limit, of £500 for any one award. The fund has limited resources and is intended to help as many applicants each year as possible. There were 5 submissions one withdrawal and 4 awards of £500 each.
- Hursley Park Cricket Club – £500 towards the continuing updates to the clubs facilities
- Hursley Youth FC – £500 towards goals, match balls and some basic equipment to enable us to compete in a higher league (U11) next season
- Hursley All Saints Church PCC – £500 towards supporting the opening of a cafe in the church
- Hursley Park Cricket Club (Juniors) – £500 to provide additional equipment for the junior section of the club and would be used from U9 to U15s.
We also continue to fund a number of community events including the:-
- Village Bonfire and Firework Night,;
- Movie Night;
- Newcomers lunch; and
- Senior Residents Christmas lunch.
We really hope the awards will make a difference and wish all the project good luck for the future.